Sunday, August 1, 2010

Guten morgen, Martin Luther

I'm reading "In the Beginning" by Oxford scholar Alister McGrath for my upcoming literature class on the Bible.


I've realized that I admire Martin Luther, although I don't necessarily agree with his doctrinal points of view. Or when he uses foul language. Which he did sometimes.

The story at hand goes as follows. When Martin was a young pup, his ol' pappy wanted him to make something out of his life. He urged him to study law, not only to better the family's standing in society, but for obvious financial gain from his son's legal prowess.

While he was preparing for law school, Martin Luther was riding his horse when lightning struck, throwing him to the ground. He cried out to St. Anne, promising that if she helped him he would devote his life as a monk. Then he changed the face of religion forever.

I need some lightning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment