Saturday, August 28, 2010

Gaudi drove an Audi

I've had a fun past few days! I made friends with the people in my hostel, which has been nice because now I have people to do things with.

Yesterday I went to the beach with this Spanish kid in my hostel. We met up with two of his friends, a girl from Germany and a girl from Hungary. We went down and swam in the Mediterranean sea, and uh... I had to keep diverting my eyes because in Europe, beaches are usually clothes optional.

Optional.

I wore mine though. And I was glad I didn't take my camera with me to the beach because that would've been bad. Last night after that I met some new people in my room and we all went down the famous street "La Rambla" where they have markets and street performers and food and all sorts of stuff. Very lovely, crowded night life. We walked down to the pier and saw an small army of sail boats docked in the harbor. We got some relatively cheap (and not very good) Italian food and had a good time walking back to the hostel.

So I've been taking pictures, but I can't upload them yet because my hard drive needs a converter and I don't think I'm going to be able to get one until I'm in London. So hopefully you can wait until Wednesday or Thursday.

Today was Park Guell, which has an extraordinary view of the city and a stunning display of some of Gaudi's most beautiful textiles and mosaics. Tonight is a famous fountain. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. holy cow, I just looked up pictures of park guell and i'm reeeeeeeallllllyyyyyyyyy jealous. I'd go to spain just for park guell. dang.

    ReplyDelete