Sunday, September 5, 2010

The music divides us into tribes

I'm in London.

I've only been here for four days, but I've been keeping busy. One of my pet peeves is when someone talks about a new experience as if they've been doing it their whole life, so I'm going to try to avoid that.

The food here is anything but bland. Everything I've eaten has been incredible. I even dream about cheese sometimes. Really. Last night I was with a group of people I've met here and they were all eating cheese and crackers and I asked "Where did you get cheese from!?!?" and then I woke up.

Food I've eaten:

-The best waffles I have ever had in my life (with chocolate and cream)
-The best German street bratwurst with grilled onions and sauerkraut and dijon mustard
-Fish and Chips from an amazing pub across the street called The Champion
-Gelato, hazelnut, pistachio, and white chocolate
-Food from the London Centre, better than I expected, not as good as waffles

Classes here are neat. They require out of classroom experiences and write ups, which is good because I'm getting credit for doing things I want to do anyway. So I love it.

Yesterday I went to Portobello road where they have an amazing outdoor market. They had so many foods I wanted to try. So many. And I will eat them all. Pad thai, paella, fried sea food, bratwurst (in quite a variety), fish and chips. Mostly anything good. I didn't buy any trinkets, but on the way back to the centre I wandered into a corner book store and bought a copy of The Brothers Karamazov for 2 pounds because I only have like 2oo pages left and I want to finish it.

This city is vibrant and alive. It's so multicultural and rich with history that there's no way it will ever get boring.

1 comment:

  1. you should tell us lots about the food and the restaurants. it will prepare you someday for your cooking sitcom show career.

    ReplyDelete