Thursday, November 18, 2010

the drying of your tears

It's been a Radiohead sort of days lately. In Rainbows mostly, but the occasional single has made its way into the mix every now and then. Thom Yorke should be studied in high school English classes.

One of my pet peeves is when people talk about how they never update their blogs.

I never update my blog.

It's been getting dark a lot earlier lately, and on top of the undesirable darkness it's been getting rainy and cold. On Tuesday I saw London fog for the first time. I'm pretty sure it covered the entire south side of England. We drove through it towards Cambridge for what felt like forever. But T.S. Eliot was wrong, it was grey and white, not yellow. Suck on that Prufrock.

I've been grading papers for my TA job. I hate it. I can really only do about 6 at a time before I have to start fighting the urge to light the pile on fire. If only I had a match. I've learned that I would probably hate being a teacher.

I heard some people talking on the tube tonight when the Bakerloo line went down due to a "person under the tracks." They said something like this:

"People keep dying on the Underground. I know this isn't funny, because they're real people with real pain and everything, but those people really DO muck things up for everyone around them. I mean, the LEAST they could do is jump into the Thames or something that doesn't cause so many hold ups. Their inconsiderate way of life is probably why people didn't like them when they were alive."

Some people really are horrible.

3 comments:

  1. so, do they still have signs on the thames that say you can't put dead bodies in there? because I learned from Monty Python/MP class this past week that it used to be a problem so they stuck up signs.

    ReplyDelete